Welcome to GreenFerry
We are a community based organization of volunteers dedicated to making to making our town of South Queensferry into a green and pleasant town. Our beginning was simply planting hanging baskets in the centre of the village but now we are exploring more ways of making South Queensferry a better and greener place.
Our Aims are
- to conserve and improve the environment, mainly using volunteers, for the benefit of the public;
- to educate, interest, and involve the local community in environmental issues and action;
- to provide a collection of experience which environmental groups can call on for help and advice;
- to provide a communication network for those interested in environmental issues and;
- to support the work of other environmental groups.
As a community in the shadow of the famous Forth Rail Bridge, we are dedicated to helping to create a clean and green space in this historic village. Our principal motivation is to make a pleasant enviroment for both residents and visitors to this beautiful part of Scotland.